Working with an Internet Marketing company to achieve your hotels’ online goals is a common and recommended practice in today’s hospitality industry.
With the constant change in the online marketing space partnering with an expert in the internet marketing space is a good idea. Like all partners choose them based on a solid due diligence process to ensure they align with your business goals. Once they are on board you have to be ensure you continue to derive value from the relationship.
Here are 5 keystones to always check on to measure the value you are receiving from the partner.
- Communication: How often do you hear from your Account Manager? Is there a formal communication plan in place for both reporting on performance and proactive recommendations? The split between reporting and recommendations should be at least 50/50. If you don’t hear from your account manager call them often; unfortunately a quiet client can be a forgotten client.
- Expectations: Were expectations clearly defined by both parties at the start of the relationship? If not set them now. This will help you in holding your partner accountable and engaging your team in the process. Be clear on your property’s expectations and what your internet marketing partner expects from you.
- The Language: When your account manager starts talking about what they are doing on your behalf do you need an interpreter? As the experts your partner should be educating you on terminology and definitions; even more importantly on the impact to your business. Raising your level of knowledge is a critical component of ensuring value in the relationship.
- Data Drives Decisions: How often do you receive data on your property’s performance to analyze and make decisions on ways to increase performance? Expect two levels of data:
-Monthly: reporting delivered shortly after the month is complete to understand what worked and what is next to improve performance.
-Real Time: provided through the Analytics tool your partner is using, whether Google Analytics, Omniture or other get access to your account. This will allow you to use the data in your daily and weekly revenue generation decisions.
- What’s New?:What has been changed to your Internet marketing strategy or tactics in the last 6 Months? Are you experimenting with new opportunities or expanding your tactics take advantage of a 360 degree strategy? If nothing has changed in your approach you are missing openings for revenue growth.
Let your partner know you are measuring the value of your affiliation; if they are a good partner they will embrace this chance to solidify your relationship. Otherwise prepare to move on; there are plenty of talented Internet Marketing Companies specializing in hospitality.
If you liked this article get updates by email. Enter your email and click “Get Updates”